Cork Business League COVID-19 Support Page
The following page is to provide one source of information in relation to COVID-19 and how the Cork Business League plans to return to football for the 2020/2021 season. The page layout shows the most recent updates first, followed by older details. Therefore, from newest to oldest in descending order.
Last Updated Friday 26th 2020 @ 09:30
Thursday 25th June
The Football Association of Ireland has launched a Safer Return to Play Protocol
Important information for adult amateur & underage football to return to full-contact training & training games can be found here:
The Football Association of Ireland has launched a Safer Return to Play Protocol 👍
Important information for adult amateur & underage football to return to full contact training & training games
— FAIreland ⚽️🇮🇪 (@FAIreland) June 25, 2020
Wednesday 24th June
🔔 DON'T MISS OUT
Coach Education digital newsletter, which will include…
🔘 Webinars on safer return to training
🔘 Special offer from @UmbroIreland
🔘 Brand new Session Plan & Top Tips
Sign up now 👉 https://t.co/RrjYVaV0QB
Third edition goes out this Friday at 12pm! pic.twitter.com/zBlAReySnT
— FAI Coach Education (@FAICoachEd) June 23, 2020
Friday 19th June
Friday 19th June
Today, the government confirmed that all sport can return on 29th June, including competitive league action. However, the CBL will await further communication from the FAI on when we can start our 2020 / 2021 season. Read more on the government announcement here .
Monday 15th June 2020
All clubs under the jurisdiction of the FAI can make a Safer Return to Training from today, June 15th, in line with the FAI’s Protocol and Government guidelines.
To help clubs get back to training, FAI Medical Director Dr Alan Byrne addresses your FAQs on FAI TV.
Saturday 13th June 2020
The FAI have published a SMART checklist for all stakeholders in football to ensure training returns safely.
See graphics below.
Friday 12th June
Safety First on Return to Training | Top Tips
Monday 8th June 2020
- The Football Association of Ireland has today launched a “Safer Return to Training Protocol” document for all adult amateur clubs, ahead of a return to training from Monday, June 15th 2020.
- The primary aim of the protocol is to support clubs affiliated with the FAI in protecting the health and safety of the players, coaches and essential personnel within the clubs as they return to the training ground. Department of Health guidelines and Public Health Policy will be followed at all times.
- Today’s protocol publication provides a thorough and comprehensive step-by-step explanation to the pathway that permits all adult amateur clubs, to return to training on or after next Monday, June 15th 2020.
- All clubs must appoint a COVID-19 Compliance Officer and carry out a risk assessment before any return is authorised.
Note: Subject to Government guidelines, no matches, competitive or friendly, are allowed until further notice under the jurisdiction of the FAI.
Please download, read and submit the following documents made available today:
- FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol Details
- FAI COVID-19 Compliance Officer Role and Responsibilities
- FAI COVID-19 Checklist for Clubs
- FAI COVID-19 Risk Assessment and Guidance Template
- FAI 2 Metre Distance Flyer
- FAI Coughing & Sneezing Flyer
- FAI No Hand Shaking Flyer
- FAI Avoid Touching Face FlyerF
- FAI Clean Surfaces Flyer
Friday 5th June 2020
Tuesday 26th May 2020
Sunday 24th May 2020
Today, Sunday 24th May 2020, the Cork Business League & CR Coaching announce a new partnership for the 2020 / 2021 season. Read more here.
Sunday 24th May 2020
Following a Management Committee meeting this evening, the Cork Business League can confirm the 2019 / 2020 season will not be completed. Read more here.
Tuesday 19th May 2020
The Cork Business League 2020 AGM that was due to the held at the end of May / beginning of June 2020, has now been postponed. Read more here.
Monday 18th May 2020
FAQ with FAI Medical Director Dr. Alan Byrne – Pathway for a safer return to Football
Friday 15th May 2020
FAI announce pathway for a safer return to football. Read more here.
Interested in joining the Cork Business League next season? Click here for more details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay up-to-date with the Cork Business League on social media: