Looking for a change? Looking to feature in Cork’s fastest-growing League? Looking to win some trophies and actually enjoy playing ball while you do?
The Transfer Window for the Sports Gear Direct Cork Business League is open from Sunday, December 1st 2019 to Friday, January 31st 2020 for any players looking for a change. Players without clubs can sign at any point until Tuesday 31st March 2020.
The following extract has been taken from this season’s Football Association of Ireland’s Rulebook Part C ➡️ Rule 11, Rule 12 & Rule 22, which can be downloaded here for full details.
Registrations / Transfers
- The registration period for the Amateur game, other than the SFAI, shall be 1st June to the 31st of March inclusive for the winter season (i.e. the Cork Business League)
- The two transfer periods for the Amateur game shall be 1st June to 30th September inclusive and the 1st December to the 31st of January inclusive.
- If a club disbands during the season, the Player registrations shall come under the direction of the League concerned. The Players may be allowed, at the discretion of the League, to register with other clubs within that League. The deadline for such registrations shall be the 31st January for the Winter Season.
- A team or club desiring to transfer to a different league at the end of a season must obtain a transfer on an official form (supplied here) and signed by the Club, the League from which they are departing and the League they propose to enter.
- It is a matter for each League to determine if an application to transfer from the League or to the League will be approved based on the circumstances.
- Clubs and teams shall have the right to appeal a refusal by a League to grant a transfer out of their League, in accordance with the relevant rules.
International Transfer Certificate (ITC)
An ITC is required when a player signs for a Club in this Association having last played with a Club in another Association. This is regardless of the player’s nationality. This follows Article 19 of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players. Details of what needs to be supplied are below and need to be sent to [email protected]
- Players Forename
- Players Surname
- Players Date of Birth
- Last Club Registered with
- Last League Registered with
Any Player aged ten (10) years or over wishing to be registered within the jurisdiction of the Football Association of Ireland having last been registered within another jurisdiction must obtain an International Transfer Certificate (“ITC”). If the Association does not receive a response to the ITC Request within fifteen (15) calendar days for Professional Players or within thirty (30) calendar days for Amateur Players, it shall immediately register the Player with the New Club on a provisional basis (“Provisional Registration”). A Provisional Registration shall become permanent one (1) year after the ITC Request. The Association may withdraw a Provisional Registration, if, during this one (1) year period, the Former Association presents valid reasons explaining why it did not respond to the ITC Request.
Any further details, please contact the Cork Business League Hon. Registrar, Joe Murphy: [email protected] | 087 2835896
For all the latest transfer news, rumours and updates – like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter! Please find all our clubs Social Media accounts listed here, give them a shout if you are interested in joining this prestigious league.